In the Shadowlands era, players only need to visit the portal room from either camp’s capital. The Dark Gate is one of the most iconic landmarks in World of Warcraft, and traversing it is a necessary path for all players to take at the start of the game. So where the Dark Gate is located and how to get there, we’ll present the guide below. By the way, TBC Classic Gold also plays an indelible role in the game.
Where is the Dark Portal
The Dark Portal is located in the southern part of the Blasted Lands. Players need a Burning Crusade Classic and a character level of 58 or higher to enter and travel to Hellfire Peninsula in Outland. After reaching Dreadmaul Fortress or Overwatch Fortress (depending on your alignment), you need to walk all the way to the southeast corner of the map until you reach a large inland crater. Either jump into the crater, or walk inside the crater and head to the large glowing green portal at its back end. Go through the portal, and in a few moments, you’ll find yourself on Hellfire Peninsula, ready to begin your journey to Outland. To return to Azeroth, you can return to the Blasted Lands at any time through the Dark Portal, located at the easternmost point of Hellfire Peninsula.
How to enter the Dark Portal:
To get to the Dark Portal, you need to go to the closest flight path, which varies by faction. The closest Alliance flight path to the Dark Portal is Nethergard Fortress in the Blasting Lands. The closest Horde flight path to the Dark Portal is Stonard in the Swamp of Sorrows.
For Horde players entering the Dark Portal
- Head to Orgrimmar, where the Dark Portal quest begins with a trainer in Orgrimmar. This quest instructs you to report to Warlord Dutton at the entrance to the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands.
- Take a zeppelin to Gromgau Base Camp and speak to Tista, the Flying Master in Gromgau.
- Use the Gromgol flight path to Stonard in the Swamp of Sorrows.
- Get on your horse and start heading south into the Blasted Lands, then continue south until you see the portal.
For Alliance players entering the Dark Portal
- Heading to Stormwind City, the Alliance can skip a step and take off directly from Stormwind City.
- Fly from Stormwind to the underworld fortress in the Blasted Lands.
- After landing, follow the blue path on the Blasted Lands map above.
- Follow the path south until the Dark Portal appears.
If you’re in the PvP realm, there are some tricks to getting into the Dark Portal without going through the portal yourself. You can find two pillars on the left and right side of the portal. If you duel a player near a pillar and are deformed or feared into it, you can stay there. Then you can go to the portal side of the pillar, and thus enter the Dark Portal.
Another way to enter the Dark Portal is to simply die and wait in the portal as a ghost. If you’re dead, you don’t have to worry about being killed – brain tactics. Many players are probably doing the same, so it’s likely that you’ll experience slow login times, delays, and queues.
The above is the guide about the Dark Portal in World of Warcraft. If you find it helpful, you can subscribe to our blog site mmorpgm.com, where we will continue to update more World of Warcraft related game guides.
Share this content: